Sunday, July 8, 2007

Oh My Boys


Oh how I love them
The way they make me smile
When I'm unsure of my place
All I have to do is picture them
The boys in my life
My son and two nephews
The little men that fill my heart
My eyes cry tears of joy
Oh to rejoice in their toughness
The tumbles, the toys
Yes boys will be boys
But oh how I delight
In their laughter
Their silliness
The always wanting to show off
Always wanting to be first
and last
Never accepting my second best
Oh my boys always can tell
If I'm really into what they are doing
Or not
When I'm tired and frustrated
With their childish games and rituals
They yet again make me giggle
Like when I was their age
Young, innocent, Not ashamed,
For being silly and goofy
Oh my boys, I'll always love them so
To Brandon, Jaden, and Amir
My Boys

No comments: